Utilize este identificador para referenciar este registo: http://hdl.handle.net/10451/20958
Título: DMBT1 is frequently downregulated in well-differentiated gastric carcinoma but more frequently upregulated across various gastric cancer types
Autor: Conde, Ana R.
Martins, Ana P.
Brito, Miguel
Manuel, Armandina
Ramos, Sancia
Malta-Vacas, Joana
Renner, Marcus
Poustka, Annemarie
Mollenhauer, Jan
Monteiro, Carolino
Palavras-chave: Oncology
Data: 2007
Editora: Spandidos Publications
Citação: International Journal of Oncology. - Vol. 30, n. 6 (Jun 2007), p. 1441-1446
Resumo: Well-differentiated gastric carcinomas are considered to represent a distinct entity emerging via specific molecular changes different from those found in other gastric carcinoma types. The gene deleted in malignant brain tumours 1 (DMBT1) at 10q25.3-q26.1 codes for a protein presumably involved in cell differentiation and protection and has been proposed as a candidate tumour suppressor for brain and epithelial cancer. One study reported a loss of DMBT1 expression in 12.5% (5/40) of gastric cancer samples. Here, we examined in more detail DMBT1 protein and mRNA expression in 78 primary gastric tumour samples and corresponding normal gastric mucosa. DMBT1 was expressed in all non-tumour gastric mucosa tissues. Eleven out of 71 (15%) gastric tumours were negative for the DMBT1 protein in immunohistochemical analyses. Lack of DMBT1 expression was significantly more frequently found in well-differentiated gastric tumours (6/18 well-differentiated tumours vs. 5/53 other subtypes; P=0.025). Quantitative RT-PCR revealed a downregulation of the DMBT1 niRNA for 8/21 (38%) cases, while the remaining 13 cases (62%) displayed a substantial upregulation. Our data suggest that a loss of DMBT1 expression may preferentially take place in well-differentiated gastric carcinoma. However, an upregulation of DMBT1 expression is more frequently found across all gastric cancer types.
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/10451/20958
DOI: https://doi.org/10.3892/ijo.30.6.1441
ISSN: 1019-6439
Aparece nas colecções:FF - Produção Científica 2000-2009

Ficheiros deste registo:
Ficheiro Descrição TamanhoFormato 
DMBT1 - 6894.pdf228,25 kBAdobe PDFVer/Abrir    Acesso Restrito. Solicitar cópia ao autor!

FacebookTwitterDeliciousLinkedInDiggGoogle BookmarksMySpace
Formato BibTex MendeleyEndnote 

Todos os registos no repositório estão protegidos por leis de copyright, com todos os direitos reservados.